Sunday 21 July 2019

Greetings

Have you ever experienced news of a friend or family member landing up in a position where you feel guilty because you never said.....Hello or Goodbye and could of?

I have a friend called Tina, she lived with her boyfriend, Bob, in his house.  One afternoon she was reading a book called "Too good to leave too bad to stay" Tina had this book in her collection for years and believed that a book will only be read when it is ready to be read by the reader.  Today was that day.  It was not long before Tina was crying as for 18 months she had been in a relationship and was never really happy but it was "too good to leave and bad to stay" everyday Tina would go through the motions of the pro and con list and some days were better than others but deep down she was not happy. 

Tina suddenly felt hungry and went to the kitchen to make herself something to eat, as she opened the fridge she thought to herself "I better not eat all the meatballs, I'll leave half for him as he might be hungry for a snack later" Tina then switched the kettle of glanced over the sink where some dishes from the morning had been soaking.  The strategy was while the kettle is boiling, do the dishes.  Bob had popped in to use the toilet and check the post.  While Tina was washing the dishes, all she kept thinking about was, "Am I being selfish by not offering to make him a sandwich?"  Once the kettle had boiled Tina made herself a sandwich and took her tea and went back upstairs to carry on reading her book.  

Bob then dashed downstairs and then said, "I'm off" and Tina was "ok bye" - Tina then found herself typing a text message saying..." its sad that you come home and don't kiss me hello or goodbye anymore....before you bark at me, I know you are busy working" - 

Then Tina thought to herself, oh what is the point if I send that I will be called insecure and his not emotionally intelligent to deal with this and his probably going "I have to work while she is in bed reading"  well guess what I am on holiday on leave and it is not my problem you are always feeling like the victim.  


No comments: